2.5 hour live event
The basic building blocks are in place, and our fourth and final module will arm you with the tools and techniques you need to make sure your website stands out for all the right reasons. Discover how to combine a strong visual design with standout copy and accessible features, with guidance covering all the different pages on your site from its home page to product and contact pages.
You’ll also learn how to optimize your site for a range of different form factors and platforms, from mobile phones to emerging technologies such as voice and IoT. Last, but not least, you’ll find out how to sell UX to your organization and help it transition to a UX-first standpoint.
Take these learning outputs away with you:
Standout copy and design
Expert tips and tricks to make your website ‘pop’ while remaining accessible
Discover how to make sure your website looks good on all devices
Responsive web design
Future-proof your site design by making it flexible and learn how to design for emerging platforms
Make the switch to UX
How to move your organization to a UX-first standpoint
- Visual logic: Core principles behind strong design
- Color association: The psychology behind choosing the right colors, plus a look at brand colors and color blindness
- Accessibility: Why accessibility is critical and how to deliver it
- Writing tips: Ensure your copy stands out, is easy to read and delivers irresistible CTAs
Cross site guidance
- Homepage UX: Improve your homepage’s impact by defining its prime objective
- Navigation UX: Simplify your users’ experience with expert tips
- Campaign landing pages: Design high-performing landing pages around UX principles
- Product pages: Interactive examples and in-depth help to design compelling product pages
- FAQs and help pages: Ensure your evergreen content adheres to UX principles
- On-site search: Optimize and shorten your users’ journey to find the information they want
- Web form UX: Improve UX to boost form completion rates and data
- Baskets and checkouts: Reduce shopping cart abandonment
- Touchscreen considerations: Minimum sizes and usability guidelines
- Optimize downloads: How speed affects user behavior, and how to boost your speed for improved ROI
- Multi-orientation design: Design for both portrait and landscape access
- Gestural interface design: Best-practice design guidelines
- Non-touchscreen devices: Inclusive design principles
Mobile usability guidelines
- Navigation design and location: How to create simple navigation structures for your users, plus placement consideration for mobile
- Menu design: Thorough exploration of all the options from lists and grids to carousels and slideshows
- Single-column layouts: Adapt your content layout to improve mobile UX
- Using built-in functionality: Make use of mobile devices’ integral functions and features
- Prioritizing content: Best-practice guidance on deciding what to minimize or emphasize on mobile
- Mobile copywriting: How to write or amend copy to improve mobile readability and conversion
- Text input reduction: Make your users’ lives easier by implementing auto-fill options, input controls and validation
- Accessibility for Mobile: Checklist to ensure your apps and sites are accessible
Responsive design in a multi-platform world
- Multi-faceted design: How to design for multiple devices and platforms to meet user needs
- Device-level requirements: Guidance on the different UX requirements of common devices
- Responsive versus adaptive: Understand the differences between these two design approaches for mobile and tablet
- Internet of Things: What is it, and how to design for it
- Voice: The future of UX is voice-controlled devices – considerations when designing for it
UX strategy and planning
- Promote a strong UX culture: How to sell UX to your organization
- Make the switch: Best-practice guidance on transitioning to a UX-first approach
Learn from skilled practitioners, with first-hand experience from the front-line.
Angela owns a marketing agency. She loves helping small businesses reach their goals by creating easy to understand, measurable marketing plans and providing the necessary resources to implement them. Angela’s agency provides online marketing consultancy which helps businesses develop an online marketing strategy, executing that strategy and everything in between. For some businesses, she solely provides consulting or training, for others, she is responsible for their entire marketing.
Derm has more than twenty years experience in design, development and user experience roles and runs his own design agency. He enjoys bringing real life experience to training courses.
Andrew Lloyd Gordon
Andrew has 17 years’ experience as a Digital Marketing Consultant, Speaker and Trainer. He helps organisations create modern digital marketing systems and improve ROI through strategic reviews, multi-channel marketing campaigns and more specific services, from web analytics to social media marketing.
Online learning, delivered differently
Streams courses are 100% live, designed to emulate the traditional classroom experience, offering the flexibility to learn from your desk.
Live, trainer-led class
Join a programme of live classes that emulate a classroom experience and overcome the hurdles often experienced with pre-recorded videos, webinars & quizzes.
Interactive group exercises
Each live class will include an opportunity to take part in group exercises with fellow course participants.
Take advantage of regularly scheduled, live open-door sessions and have your questions answered by our expert Trainers.
How Streams Works
Build your own program of online courses that refreshes on an ongoing basis in line with your training needs.
Online coursesYou have access to 70+ online courses, 2 ½ -hour events, delivered live by a specialist trainer.
Course conciergeA technical expert, your Course Concierge can offer detailed insight and recommendations on course content.
Build your own training programChoose from a selection of specially designed Curated Streams or build your own custom Stream, with your Course Concierge.
Ongoing supportYour Course Concierge will be in regular contact and will inform you of new courses that you can swap in to your program.
Trusted and proven
Imparture is leading light, globally, in digital skills training.
92% of past attendees would recommend Imparture.
Fortune 500 Approved
A course rating of 9/10 from Fortune 500 companies.
9/10 Trainer score
Our trainers score 9.24/10 from course attendees.
Frequently Asked Question
Have some questions for us? Take a look at some of those that we are most typically asked, along with our responses. We'd love to hear from you if there is anything else we can help with.
When will I receive information on how to join the live training?
An email will be sent to the email address provided upon registration 10 working days prior to the training start date. Please check your spam/junk folder in case your server is sensitive to Imparture emails. If you do not receive this email, please notify Imparture more than 24 hours prior to the start of your first session so that we can ensure you have everything you need to participate.
What are the systems requirements for taking a stream course?
Each participant will need Internet access. Please ensure you are connected to a reliable Wi-Fi network, a hard wired connection via an ethernet cable or a secure hotspot connection using your mobile phone.
Please ensure you have a working webcam for the sessions. The training is designed to be interactive and as such group discussion and exercises will be more enjoyable if you are able to see the trainer and other participants.
A headset with a microphone is preferable. However, using the speakers and microphone of your computer is also an option. If neither option is available, you will need to dial into the conference line with a phone.
Please ensure you allow plenty of time to download Zoom ahead of the course. Information will be provided ahead of your first session.
Can I use a Mac?
Yes - You will attend the course using Zoom, our online virtual classroom environment.
Do I need to buy any additional resources or materials to participate?
No, access to the online training service, readings, exercises and guided activities are provided at no additional charge.
Is there a discount for multiple participates from the same organization?
Please contact Imparture Customer Service for details on discounts and group rates. Email [email protected] or call us directly on +44 (0) 207 193 0149 or +1.415.800.3681 for more information.
What is the duration of each live stream?
Each live stream lasts 2.5 hours
What time will the live stream take place in my city?
Can I participate if I live outside of the US and UK?
Absolutely! We are a global training provider and for no additional cost, you can participate in an Imparture stream course as long as you meet the minimum technical requirements. Why not drop us a line at [email protected] to discuss your location
Can I postpone my live stream session?
Each stream module currently runs two times a year. However, please consult your stream course concierge for further details.
How many other attendees will there be on each live stream?
Imparture workshops are designed to create an intimate learning environment to enable one-to-one time with the trainer and healthy discourse amongst all in attendance. The maximum number of attendees per live stream is 14.
What communications can I expect to receive prior to each live stream?
You will receive a welcome email for each training seven days prior to your training start date confirming all final details for your training workshop.
How can I pay?
We accept payment via Credit Card, Debit Card, BACS, Cheque or Invoice.
Sign up today!
Full, unrestricted access for a year
Streams allows you to build your own program of live, online training courses, covering the most essential and in-demand digital disciplines.
Start learning today to update your knowledge and fast-track your career. Streams offers the following member benefits:
Over 70 digitaly focused courses to choose from
100% trainer-led online learning, delivered live
A dedicated course concierge to you build your program
To purchase your membership, simply complete the form below:
1 year subscription, billed annually
Buy with Confidence
7 day 'cooling-off' period on all purchases
SSL Encryption ensures your details are safe.
Trusted & Proven
Rated "Excellent" on TrustPilot by our 15,000+ customers.