2.5 hour live event
Before pushing your product to market, it’s important to have a robust testing system in place. This fourth module provides you with all the knowhow you need to create prototypes and test them thoroughly. It also reveals what types of problems to look out for – how to anticipate them and mitigate them before they become serious.
You’ll also learn how to set up financial models to gauge demand and set an appropriate pricing structure for your product, plus we’ll demonstrate how to use a product roadmap to manage all aspects of your project and keep it on time and on track. You’ll close the course discovering what trends are driving product management approaches in 2019 and learn how to communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
Take these learning outputs away with you:
Prototyping and testing
Best-practice tips and techniques on ensuring your product stays on track
Identify and avoid risk
Discover how to anticipate potential problems and deal with them in a timely manner
Price your product
Discover how to use financial models to predict both demand and likely revenue
Build a product roadmap
Keep your projects on track by making use of a clearly defined roadmap
- Communicate customer needs: How to raise awareness with other stakeholders through user stories
- Prioritize the right features: How to ensure your focus is on the right product options
Wireframing, storyboarding & IA
- Wireframe production and methodology: Test ideas and anticipate possible issues using sketch, lo-fi and hi-fi methods
- The purpose and value of prototypes: Complete rundown of this essential step
- Information Architecture: IA explained, and its fundamental components broken down
- Select metrics and KPIs: Identify the ones critical to your product, plus test insights to determine likelihood of success
- Testing techniques: Detailed look at heuristic evaluation, paper prototyping, A/B and multivariate testing, and usability testing – plus which ones are appropriate for your specific product
Confronting and dealing with risk
- Risks and pitfalls: A look at what could go wrong with digital projects
- Preparing for risk: Anticipate problems with the right tools and thought processes
- Incorporating risk into Agile product development: How to include identification and planning into your agile project
- Customer-focused modeling: How to build your financial model
- Pricing model options: Comprehensive look at what approaches are available when launching a new product
- Forecasting: How to predict scenarios for both customer demand and revenue
- Build a roadmap: A rundown of the benefits of developing one and how to tailor it to different audiences
- Choose the right variation: A comprehensive look at more than five different roadmaps according to varying audiences and objectives
- Meeting your objectives: Ensure you hit strategic targets with the right tools
Product management trends
- The blended approach: Why – and how – to combine the best aspects of Agile and Waterfall
- Digital Project Management: A look at how it’s matured and moved away from traditional cultures and approaches
- Avoid failure: A handy checklist of why projects fail – including cautionary case studies – and how to avoid them
- Presentation structure: Tips to help plan your presentation
- Product pitches: Best-practice tips and procedures to help deliver a persuasive pitch to stakeholders
Learn from skilled practitioners, with first-hand experience from the front-line.
Terrance Kirkwood is the Senior Design Manager for Microsoft’s Mobile Device Management Team. He has over 15 years experience as a UX professional working in a wide variety of industries including Hi-Tech, Finance, Bio-Tech, Industrial and Consumer Goods. In addition to his work at Microsoft, he coaches and instructs Product Development and UX Best Practices to technology startups, non-profits and students. Terrance holds a Master’s Degree in Human-Computer Interaction from DePaul University in Chicago and a Computer Engineering degree from the University of Illinois.
Brittney is a UX educator and freelance designer with a background in hospitality, strategy, and operations. Working in Sketch and InVision to bring products to life, she is passionate about the importance of user-centered design across all industries.
Julie St. John
Julie brings over 15 years of customer experience strategy, product innovation, & digital production with an emphasis on data & marketing technology. Julie cut her teeth at the world's largest digital consulting agencies serving clients like Ford & Google.
Andrew Lloyd Gordon
Andrew has 17 years’ experience as a Digital Marketing Consultant, Speaker and Trainer. He helps organisations create modern digital marketing systems and improve ROI through strategic reviews, multi-channel marketing campaigns and more specific services, from web analytics to social media marketing.
Online learning, delivered differently
Streams courses are 100% live, designed to emulate the traditional classroom experience, offering the flexibility to learn from your desk.
Live, trainer-led class
Join a programme of live classes that emulate a classroom experience and overcome the hurdles often experienced with pre-recorded videos, webinars & quizzes.
Interactive group exercises
Each live class will include an opportunity to take part in group exercises with fellow course participants.
Take advantage of regularly scheduled, live open-door sessions and have your questions answered by our expert Trainers.
How Streams Works
Build your own program of online courses that refreshes on an ongoing basis in line with your training needs.
Online coursesYou have access to 70+ online courses, 2 ½ -hour events, delivered live by a specialist trainer.
Course conciergeA technical expert, your Course Concierge can offer detailed insight and recommendations on course content.
Build your own training programChoose from a selection of specially designed Curated Streams or build your own custom Stream, with your Course Concierge.
Ongoing supportYour Course Concierge will be in regular contact and will inform you of new courses that you can swap in to your program.
Trusted and proven
Imparture is leading light, globally, in digital skills training.
92% of past attendees would recommend Imparture.
Fortune 500 Approved
A course rating of 9/10 from Fortune 500 companies.
9/10 Trainer score
Our trainers score 9.24/10 from course attendees.
Frequently Asked Question
Have some questions for us? Take a look at some of those that we are most typically asked, along with our responses. We'd love to hear from you if there is anything else we can help with.
When will I receive information on how to join the live training?
An email will be sent to the email address provided upon registration 10 working days prior to the training start date. Please check your spam/junk folder in case your server is sensitive to Imparture emails. If you do not receive this email, please notify Imparture more than 24 hours prior to the start of your first session so that we can ensure you have everything you need to participate.
What are the systems requirements for taking a stream course?
Each participant will need Internet access. Please ensure you are connected to a reliable Wi-Fi network, a hard wired connection via an ethernet cable or a secure hotspot connection using your mobile phone.
Please ensure you have a working webcam for the sessions. The training is designed to be interactive and as such group discussion and exercises will be more enjoyable if you are able to see the trainer and other participants.
A headset with a microphone is preferable. However, using the speakers and microphone of your computer is also an option. If neither option is available, you will need to dial into the conference line with a phone.
Please ensure you allow plenty of time to download Zoom ahead of the course. Information will be provided ahead of your first session.
Can I use a Mac?
Yes - You will attend the course using Zoom, our online virtual classroom environment.
Do I need to buy any additional resources or materials to participate?
No, access to the online training service, readings, exercises and guided activities are provided at no additional charge.
Is there a discount for multiple participates from the same organization?
Please contact Imparture Customer Service for details on discounts and group rates. Email [email protected] or call us directly on +44 (0) 207 193 0149 or +1.415.800.3681 for more information.
What is the duration of each live stream?
Each live stream lasts 2.5 hours
What time will the live stream take place in my city?
Can I participate if I live outside of the US and UK?
Absolutely! We are a global training provider and for no additional cost, you can participate in an Imparture stream course as long as you meet the minimum technical requirements. Why not drop us a line at [email protected] to discuss your location
Can I postpone my live stream session?
Each stream module currently runs two times a year. However, please consult your stream course concierge for further details.
How many other attendees will there be on each live stream?
Imparture workshops are designed to create an intimate learning environment to enable one-to-one time with the trainer and healthy discourse amongst all in attendance. The maximum number of attendees per live stream is 14.
What communications can I expect to receive prior to each live stream?
You will receive a welcome email for each training seven days prior to your training start date confirming all final details for your training workshop.
How can I pay?
We accept payment via Credit Card, Debit Card, BACS, Cheque or Invoice.
Sign up today!
Full, unrestricted access for a year
Streams allows you to build your own program of live, online training, covering the most essential and in-demand digital disciplines.
Start learning today to update your knowledge and fast-track your career. Streams offers the following member benefits:
Over 70 digitaly focused courses to choose from
100% trainer-led online learning, delivered live
A dedicated course concierge to you build your program
To purchase your membership, simply complete the form below:
1 year subscription, billed annually
Buy with Confidence
7 day 'cooling-off' period on all purchases
SSL Encryption ensures your details are safe.
Trusted & Proven
Rated "Excellent" on TrustPilot by our 15,000+ customers.