Raise your social strategy to industry best practice by attending this intensive two-day training course. Gain from the singularly most developed social media marketing workshop available, with training materials honed over the course of training 10,000+ delegates worldwide. Get up-to-speed with the latest developments to maximize your results.
Take these learning outputs away with you:
- Develop a successful social media strategy
- Proven strategy frameworks, planning and integration of social media tactics. Based on a history of successful social media training.
- Keep ahead of the competition
- Benchmark your performance with key competitors and industry best practice. Use this data to create a winning social media strategy.
- Content strategy best practice
- Grow a targeted and engaged community with the latest content best practice. Train to provide the right social content at the time users are most engaged.
- Save time and money
- Tried-and-tested management and budgeting tools. Social media training for overall performance improvement, not just knowledge.
- Measurement techniques
- Prove success with advanced metrics and KPIs to track performance. Learn how to keep on-top of reach, post engagement and global visibility.
This social masterclass will take you through the latest hands-on skills for creatively engaging social media, featuring advanced techniques to maximize your results.
Advance your content strategy and community management practices to get the most return from your social plans. Learn about recent platform changes and the opportunities presented by the latest tools to arrive on the scene.
Training packed with best practice examples and in-depth practical advice, the session will provide you with a full understanding of social and its business opportunity.
You will leave the day with the ability to apply expert tools and techniques to promote your brand or client online and plan the course of your social marketing with KPIs and ROI in mind.
Day One Training Course Schedule
Social Media Strategy Training
- Planning: Developing a successful social strategy for your brand or client
- Integration: How to effectively integrate social activity into your current communication plans
- Essential creativity: How to creatively plan social campaigns
- Ethics: Guidance on the codes of ethics and expected methods of engagement online
- Legalities: Understanding the legal constrictions of engaging in social activity
- Resourcing: How to resource social activity effectively
- Productivity: Proven time-saving tools and techniques for engaging high volumes of social media sites
- Listening: How to best monitor conversations online and pre-empt breaking crises on social channels out of your immediate control
- Third party tools: Detailed advice on the pros and cons of available paid-for and free tools
- Corporate voice: High level strategy for managing corporate reputation online
Content Strategy Training
- Platform strategy: How to focus your time across social platforms that best fit your business objectives
- Content calendar: How to build a working content plan to boost efficiency and drive results
- Content type: How to best plan your mix of copy, image, video and other multimedia content
- Creative development: How to creatively plan content to maximize community engagement
- Post frequency: Best practice for planning the number of posts per day
- Post scheduling: Priority times to post to maximize engagement
- Community engagement: How to best engage with your community and manage negative comments
- Community growth: Train in proven techniques for organically growing a targeted community across your social platforms
- Paid boost: Maximize use of paid advertising options to boost your community growth
- Offline-to-online: Utilizing offline marketing & PR activity to grow your community
Facebook Page Management
- Maximize effectiveness of your Facebook Page: Turning ‘Likes’ into long-term customers
- News Feed optimization: How to maximize visibility in your community’s News Feeds
- Engagement rate: How to drive high engagement levels and large volumes of comments and likes
- Driving social traffic: Proven techniques for growing a targeted audience on your Facebook Page
- Compelling multimedia: Integrating video & interactive content to supercharge your Page & drive e-commerce
- Facebook tools: Latest technologies to better manage your Facebook activity
- Facebook guidelines: Working effectively within current Facebook restrictions
Facebook Paid Advertising
- Bulls-eye targeting: how to target ads by location, keyword, connection, demographic, & workplace
- Promoted Posts: Ensure your priority posts reach a targeted social audience
- Facebook offers: Best practice to drive user sign-ups
- Database marketing: Target your ads to your email marketing database with Custom Audiences
- Profile customization: Best practice guidance on making your profile work for you
- Building a targeted follower base: How to strategically grow a loyal group of active, engaged followers
- Detailed mapping: How to find the most influential Twitter users across specific interest areas
- Tweet scheduling: Priority times to tweet to maximize engagement
- Twitter algorithm: Understanding recent and future timeline algorithm changes and their impact
- Custom timelines: Best practice advice on creation and promotion of custom timelines
- Effective engagement: Pitching stories to the ‘Twitter Elite’ and inspiring people to Retweet
- Tools and techniques: Detailed analysis of the proliferation of free and paid-for Twitter tools
- Vine: How to produce premium quality, perfectly looped Vines
- Twitter advertising: Up-to-date run through of how to make most of Twitter advertising opps
- Corporate blogging: How to set up a corporate blog, grow a network, plan content and drive traffic
- Online influencers: How to find the most influential bloggers across specific interest areas
- Effective pitching: Train to pitch to a blogger with the correct etiquette and offer products for review
- Blogger events: How to run successful blogger events and sync in tandem with traditional media events
Day Two Training Course Schedule
- Personal Profiles: Developing a coherent strategy of best practice across your employee base
- Company Pages: Maximizing the effectiveness of your LinkedIn Page with data, course completions and accreditations
- Building a network: How to connect with current contacts & targeted industry professionals
- Status updates: Target your posts by company size, industry, job function, seniority or geography
- LinkedIn Groups: Establishing a successful, engaged community across social channels
- LinkedIn InMail: Best practice use of LinkedIn’s paid messages to people outside of your network
- LinkedIn advertising: Detailed guidance on all paid-for advertising options available on LinkedIn
- Branded channels: Creating and customizing your YouTube Channel
- Video production: How to creatively produce your own online video content
- Organic promotion: Hands-on tips for driving views across the web
- Pay-per-view: Overview of paid social opportunities on YouTube
- Managing comments: How to prioritize managing comments and dealing with negative posts
- YouTube insight tool: Detailed overview of YouTube’s analytics and reporting tool
- Community growth: How to grow a targeted follower base
- Format fundamentals: Best practice use of photo filters and platform features for social impact
- Instagram video: Expert advice on filming your own standout videos
- Brand tagging: Maximizing use of Instagram’s feature allowing users to tag brands in photos
- Instagram advertising: Full guidance on how to drive advertising results
- Business accounts: Full overview of functionality available to businesses
- Visual content audit: Gauging your high-quality pictures and related visual content for use on Pinterest
- Rich Pins: Maximizing use of Pinterest’s latest technical innovation to its platform
- Optimization: Optimizing your website for social sharing on Pinterest
- Maximizing traffic: Techniques and training for maximizing use of Pinterest to drive targeted traffic to your website
- Latest changes: Get up-to-speed on Google’s latest plans for Google+
- Business scope: Determine the commercial opportunity Google+ currently offers businesses
- Technical overview: Understanding Circles, Hangouts and Ripples
- Maximizing results: How to best establish a presence on Google+
- Social search: Maximizing use of Google+ to boost online visibility
- Technical overview: Full update on the platform and insight on recent and upcoming changes
- Brand opportunities: Full overview of options available for brand engagement
- Ones to watch: Clear overview of the new social platforms gaining traction & related marketing opps
Social Media Analytics
- Platform specific: Full overview of free proprietary analytics tools available on all social platforms
- Measurement tools: Advice on the free tools available online for tracking social activity
- Metrics for success: Tried-and-tested metrics for measuring performance
- Google Analytics: Advanced techniques to track web traffic and page views
- Search performance: How to measure impact in search engines
- Competitor benchmarking: How to gauge your performance with key competitors and wider industry
These three core elements are fused throughout the two days of the training course:
- Case Studies
- Leading case studies, demonstrating success across full variety of industry sectors and how social media has improved the course of a business
- Hands-On Social Exercises
- Specially designed class and course exercises to get you quickly and confidently up-to-speed
- Business Consultancy
- Live consultancy to tackle challenges related specifically to your brand or client social media profiles
Every course attendee gains complimentary access to the following resources:
How you’ll benefit
- Full access to Imparture's library of digital and social media playbooks, written by industry experts
- All training course materials, supporting notes and URL links are shared within 24 hours of the course completion
- Free access to Imparture's training faculty to help with issues and challenges as they arise
Take a look at the next dates coming up:
(until June 09)
(until August 04)
Each day of training follows a set itinerary, with tea, coffee and refreshments provided throughout. An enjoyable lunch can also be expected.
9:30Delegate Arrival & Refreshments
Learn from our skilled trainers, with hands-on experience from the front-line.
Heather understands that digital marketing and social media go hand in hand, having quickly discovered the value of both when tasked with giving her employer a Facebook presence eight years ago. She’s both Owner and Chief Social Strategist with Social Moxie, which provides digital marketing strategy and consulting services for businesses, and Leader at Femworking, a membership-based networking organisation for motivated bloggers and business women. Heather leads our DC-based digital-marketing workshops. Past experience includes: Chief Storyteller at TurnoutNow, including social media channel management, blogging, research and content creation and curation responsibilities; Director of Business Development with Crimson Fly Digital Marketing; Marketing Consultant with Building Envelope Consulting, LLC; Business Development and Wellness Services with the Twiga Foundation, and Wellness Coordinator and Foundation Coordinator roles with the Blue Cross of Idaho. Heather holds a Masters in Business Administration from Northwest Nazarene University as well as a Bachelor’s in Health Promotion from Boise State University. Interests including public speaking, running, paddle boarding, minimalism and reading. Praise for Heather: “I needed a social media plan and assistance with implementation and Heather more than delivered. Because of her creativity, clear vision, reliable service and expert knowledge of online tools, my workshops were a success.” And, “Heather is very passionate about what she does. She has a real understanding of how the social media world turns.”
Lily is an award-winning digital media producer offering media training as well as web development services. She’s a lecturer at the University of Maryland’s Philip Merrill College of Journalism, delivering courses in intermediate multimedia journalism as well as multimedia storytelling for international media professionals. Lily also offers digital media training and delivers Imparture’s courses on sales and marketing in the DC Metro area. Lily holds an AA in Web Authoring Multimedia from Bellvue College as well as a BA in Journalism from Arizona State University. She has extensive experience in web design, and was Web Content Producer at the East Valley Tribune, producing multimedia packages for the paper’s Special Reports page. Lily then joined the social marketing team at Kahala Corp where she was Web & Interactive Graphic Designer, designing and executing various social media campaigns across Facebook. Other social media roles include Ambassador of Buzz and Social Media Editor at CherylStyle where Lily created and implemented the company’s entire social media strategy, and Multimedia Consultant with AZ Big Media. “Lily's natural gift to make familiar things appealing and new ones familiar to students is one of the most precious skills a lecturer can possess.” And, “She is a multi-talented communicator, adroitly handling interactive multimedia—everything from social media to video to blogging—and doing it with consummate professionalism.”
Romona Foster is a highly endorsed social media trainer, speaker and consultant teaching professionals how to leverage and brand their businesses through the use of social media. She is an engaging speaker who is passionate about all things related to social media marketing. She has spoken to hundreds of small business owners and nonprofits--and has conducted workshops, seminars and webinars in the U.S. and globally.
Sean is founder and CEO of IdeaFire Consulting, a boutique consulting firm covering everything from social media and branding to content marketing and business development. He also acts as Social Media Strategist and Digital Marketing Consultant at Washington Life Magazine while continuing to perform as Social Media Consultant at RapidAdvance. Previously, Sean was Interactive Marketing Manager at Bach to Rock: America’s Music School, where he managed its entire online and interactive marketing activity portfolio, including the company’s 15 social networks. Sean brings this experience and talent – with a genuine enthusiasm for sharing his insights – to Imparture’s marketing, recruitment, sales and digital strategy courses. Sean has a BA in Fine/Studio Arts, Interactive Design, Web Development and Film Production from the University of Colorado. He started out as a Production Assistant/Coordinator at BCI Media, LLC where he developed his video production skills that still play a key role in his work. “I was very impressed with his knowledge on social media and marketing. He has a strong understanding of the different needs for each type of business/service.” And, “Sean was extremely helpful and knowledgeable on current trends and strategies and how to apply these to your job and business. Sean was able to personalize the workshop, but give real life examples for each of the students.”
What our delegates say
Attending the course was very helpful and gave me a really good insight in how business can effectively use social media
Social Media Specialist
Very information packed with good tips to take back and put in place today! Excellent training - would highly recommend!
Head of Customer Marketing
The course was very insightful and I picked up lots of tips to take away.
Head of Acquisition Marketing
Very much enjoyed the course, for me it acted as a refresher course giving me a lot of new ideas and tips.
I thought that the course was very engaging with a great trainer to deliver the session.
The course was well presented and a great introduction for beginners to social media.
Campaign Planning Manager
It exceeded my expectations offering good coverage and overview of social media.
Digital Marketing Specialist
Good event, gained some insight but helped me realise that we are heading in the right direction.
Head of Communications
A nice balance of content, better than expected!
Internal Communications Officer
The session bought up some topics that I had not thought about previously giving me the confidence to get more involved in social media moving forwards.
A well structured course covering all areas of social media.
Engaging content, enjoyed how the trainer presented information and knowledgeable in his field
Senior Marketing Manager
An informative overview of social media options available to UK businesses.
Vice President, Public Relations
Very interesting course and a nice mix of participants.
A mix of excellent presentations that engaged the audience fully.
I thought that the event went really well. 10/10.
Digital Operations Manager
Terrific course; packed with useful tips and tools to make social media really work commercially... and presented by a clued-up, incredibly helpful tutor.
Digital Marketing Manager
The course covered all areas of social media and was very easy to follow.
Digital Marketing Manager
I really learnt a lot to take away and apply, specifically social media sites to try out!
Expert Trainer, lots of insight tailored to the group, 10/10!
Senior Digital Marketing Executive
I heard some great ideas which I am keen to implement!
Frequently asked questions
Have some questions for us? Take a look at some of those that we are most typically asked, along with our responses. We'd love to hear from you if there is anything else we can help with.
Who should attend?
Marketing, Advertising, PR, Digital Marketing and ecommerce professionals – agency or client-side
Will I receive any certification after completing the course?
A certificate as proof of your attendance on the course is available on request.
How many other attendees will there be?
Imparture workshops are designed to create an intimate learning environment to enable one-to-one time with the trainer and healthy discourse amongst all in attendance. The average number of attendees ranges from 3 - 14 depending on the topic area.
Is there anything I need to bring with me?
It is recommended to bring a laptop or tablet with you to follow along with live examples and log-on to various platforms.
Do I have to wear business attire?
There is no dress code; you can expect a relaxed learning environment.
What communications can I expect to receive prior to the course start date?
You will receive a welcome email seven days prior to your course date confirming all final details for your training workshop.
How can I pay?
We accept payment via Credit Card, Debit Card, BACS, Cheque or Invoice.
You are booking a course on Social Media Marketing Immersive in Washington DC