This two-day Google Analytics training workshop is designed for anyone looking to review their Google Analytics activity and take it to an advanced level. Full guidance is offered on key foundational elements, before moving on to advanced tools and techniques to deliver the highest levels of actionable insight.
Take these learning outputs away with you:
- Draw actionable insight
Learn best practice use of Google Analytics reports and data
- Closely measure ROI
Measure and compare performance across each of your marketing channels
- Mine your analytics data
Move beyond standard reporting activity
Join this intensive two-day workshop to take your Google Analytics activity to an advanced level.
This workshop is specially designed for those starting with a basic level of understanding. Gain full insight into the full technical options and business opportunities that Google Analytics presents. Leave the session with the hands-on skills to take your analytics to the next level straight away.
Day one will focus upon ensuring you have the correct foundations in place. Find out how best to configure Google Analytics to best complement your digital activity and commercial goals.
Day two will build upon this to offer detailed insight into the full spectrum of features offered by this powerful measurement tool. Advanced tools and techniques will be covered in depth.
You will leave the session ready to yield invaluable and relevant insight from your analytics that drives real business results.
- Business opportunity: Understanding the business opportunities presented by web analytics
- Getting up-to-speed: The latest web analytics trends and usage statistics
- Measurement framework: Clear framework for developing a coherent plan for your analytics
- Building your framework: Setting clear objectives, KPIs, targets and segments
- Choose the right metrics: Determine what information can be tracked
- Reporting principles: Best practice to integrate analytics at the core of your digital marketing strategy
- Basic principles: How Google Analytics works and an overview of interface changes
- Ask the right questions: Make sure you target the data you’re looking for
- Finding help: From the Discover page to online resources such as Analytics Academy and Analytics YouTube channel
- Account structure: How your properties are organized, plus user management and permissions
- Tracking code and cookies: Understanding differences between Google Analytics and Universal Analytics
- Tracking code setup: How to configure your account using Universal Analytics
- Link to other Google products: Connect AdWords, AdSense and Search Console with Google Analytics
- Using filters: Understand the risks and opportunities in filtering data
- Technical overview: Full run through of all key features and the Google Analytics Platform
- Traffic source reports: Full breakdown of visitor demographics, behavior, mobile and technology reports
- Set up filters: Target specific information by creating filters for hostnames and locations
- Additional reports: Frequency and recency, engagement and interests
- Benchmark your performance: See where you stand against others in a similar industry
- Visitor journey: How to visualize the visitor journey using User Flow charts
- Jargon buster: Understand the different between users, sessions and pageviews
- Page View versus Unique Page Views: Why the latter is a better indication of popularity
- Conversion and bounce rates: Discover what these metrics reveal about your efforts
- Sources, mediums, campaigns and channels: Detailed insight into how these work
- Acquisition Reports: Detailed look at key reports, including referral, social and AdWords
- Social Users Flow report: See which platforms your visitors have come from
- Campaign management: Full overview of campaign reporting, including Campaign URL Builder step-through
- Channels reports: Indepth look at the Channels report, including groupings
- Behavior overview: Become familiar with Overview reports, including the All Pages report
- Landing and exit pages: Identify underperforming pages
- Site speed reports: Troubleshoot slow pages and take steps to rectify
- Personally Identifiable Information (PII): What it is, why it’s risky tracking it and how to check for common issues
- Events: How to customize your tracking to monitor more than simple page views
- Content grouping: How to report related pages in groups rather than individually
- Site search: How to use this report to find out what your visitors are looking for
- Set up your goals: The importance of goals, plus how to view, set up, track and report on them
- Funnel reports: How to choose between Funnel Visualization and Glow Flow reports
- Conversion Optimization: Understand key options for improving your conversion rates in Google Analytics
- Conversion path explained: How to track multiple visits that lead to conversion
- Attribution modeling: Available models to determine who to credit for conversions
- Assisted Conversions report: Got beyond the last-click report to see which channels may not be getting the credit they deserve
- Custom dimensions and metrics: A detailed guide to creating your own for customized reports
- Custom tracking: Learn the basics, including when to choose virtual page views over events
- Reporting principles: Tips and techniques to ensure you’re getting the information you need
- Measurement framework: Selecting KPIs, metrics and data analysis tips to follow
- Sharing data: How to share your findings with others – email, via Excel or a KPI dashboard
- Understand segments: What they are, why they’re important and which ones you should use
- Custom segments: Create your own or find other people’s, plus learn about sequence segments
- Remarketing: How it works and how to use segments to target specific users
- Custom reports: Expert advice on creating custom reports using compatible dimensions and metrics
- Automated reporting: Use the reporting API to generate reports based on your requirements
- Third-party apps: Simplify reporting with the help of apps and dashboard reporting tools
- Common sources of data issues: Including tracking code problems, account (mis)configuration and more
- Symptoms to look out for: Bounce rate drops, spam referrals
- Helpful troubleshooting tools: Real Time Analytics, Google Tag Assistant and developer console script debuggers
- Tag managers explained: What they do and managing GA tags
- Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics: How to use GTM to set up and configure GA tags and triggers
- Track clicks on PDF: Step-by-step guide to tracking PDF downloads
- What it is: Create easily digestible graphical reports with Google Data Studio
- Access, setup and link to data sources: How to get a free account and create, format and share reports
- Stay informed: Get a heads up on recent – and predicted – changes to Google Analytics
- Useful resources: Links to further tools and support
Request a detailed syllabusRequest syllabus
Take a look at the next dates coming up:
Complimentary self-service coffee, tea and water will be available throughout the training and a nutritious buffet-style lunch will be provided on both days.
- 09:30Arrival & Check-in
- 10:00Training starts
- 17:00Training Ends
The same timings will run for both days.
We put a lot of attention into our post training support, ensuring you have access to the materials and expert guidance you need to put your learnings into practice:
Upon successful completion of your course you will receive a certificate of attendance.
Full access to training materials
Sent straight away to you: Slide decks are shared with all attendees 24-hours after a training session, with full access to training content and course notes.
Just get in touch: Imparture’s specialists are on hand following the course to help with any questions or challenges you might have.
An average course rating of 9 out of 10 from Fortune 500 companies.
9/10 Trainer score
Our expert trainers score 9.2 out of 10 on average in feedback from course attendees.
92% of past attendees would recommend Imparture.
Nothing beats a traditional classroom environment to fully engage with a topic and learn from an expert course trainer.
Learn from our skilled trainers, with hands-on experience from the front-line.
Tim manages an aggregated Google Analytics implementation that encompasses 5,000 websites with over 2500 users, including extensive training and support. He has been part of teams who have been awarded the Harvard Innovations in American Government Award.
Lily is an award-winning digital media producer who facilitates Imparture's courses in Washington DC. She leads our Google Analytics, Product Management and User Experience Design and Testing courses. She’s also a lecturer at the University of Maryland’s Philip Merrill College of Journalism, delivering courses in intermediate multimedia journalism as well as multimedia storytelling for international media professionals.
Your course will be held in one of the locations highlighted below:
This Imparture course will take place at one of locations listed in the map below. All venues are chosen based on their central, easy-to-reach, city locations.
You will receive full confirmation of the course venue location in your welcome email, sent to you prior to the event.
Have some questions for us? Take a look at some of those that we are most typically asked, along with our responses. We'd love to hear from you if there is anything else we can help with.
Will I receive any certification after completing the course?
A certificate as proof of your attendance on the course is available on request.
How many other attendees will there be?
Imparture workshops are designed to create an intimate learning environment to enable one-to-one time with the trainer and healthy discourse amongst all in attendance. The average number of attendees ranges from 3 - 14 depending on the topic area.
Is there anything I need to bring with me?
It is recommended to bring a laptop or tablet with you to follow along with live examples and log-on to various platforms.
Do I have to wear business attire?
There is no dress code; you can expect a relaxed learning environment.
How can I pay?
We accept payment via Credit Card, Debit Card, BACS, Cheque or Invoice.
Buy with Confidence
7 day 'cooling-off' period on all purchases
SSL Encryption ensures your details are safe.
Trusted & Proven
Rated "Excellent" on TrustPilot by our 15,000+ customers.
Get the full course syllabus
Reasons to train with Imparture
Up-to-date course syllabus
Our curriculum is created by a team of industry experts and kept constantly up-to- date in line with developments.
Our training faculty consists of first-rate digital experts, with first-hand experience working at the front-line.
A rich base of experience
Imparture has trained over 15,000 business professionals, from large corporates to small businesses and start-ups.