Raise your social strategy to industry best practice by joining this intensive online course. Gain from the singularly most developed social media marketing workshop available, with training materials honed over the course of training 10,000+ delegates. Get up-to-speed with the latest developments to maximise your results.
Take these learning outputs away with you:
- Draw actionable insight
Learn best practice use of Google Analytics reports and data
- Closely measure ROI
Measure and compare performance across each of your marketing channels
- Mine your analytics data
Move beyond standard reporting activity
How it works
Live, trainer-led class
Join a program of live classes that emulate a classroom experience and overcome the hurdles often experienced with pre-recorded videos, webinars & quizzes.
Interactive group exercises
Each live class will include an opportunity to take part in group exercises with fellow course participants.
Take advantage of personal one-to-one time with the course trainer and establish clear steps to improve your work.
This Google Analytics immersive course assumes a basic level of understanding but provides a robust grounding in what Google Analytics can offer as well as providing you with everything you need to get up and running. It will develop your Google Analytics strategy, provide a complete overview and best-practice setup guide plus reveal how to optimize your account.
The course also provides a thorough tour of the many reports offered before embarking in the second half to take a look at more advanced techniques and tools for measuring performance, from conversion reporting and attribution modeling to segmentation and remarketing. There’s even a section to help you troubleshoot misfiring GA implementations.
- Benefits to your business: Discover how web analytics provides new business opportunities
- What’s new and updated: Make sure you’re up to speed with the latest trends and statistics in web analytics
- Integrating analytics: Make sure web analytics sits at the heart of your marketing strategies
- Develop a clear plan: Full guidance on building a coherent measurement framework, including choosing objectives, KPIs, segments and targets
- Choose what to track: Best-practice tips for picking metrics that track the information you need to know
- Overview: Find out the latest interface updates alongside an overview of how GA works, including full run-through of features
- Target your data: Understand which questions you need to be asking
- Online resources: Comprehensive breakdown of GA web tutorials and help
- Account setup: Including user management, permissions and organizing properties
- GA versus Universal Analytics: The difference between using cookies and tracking codes, plus how to set up your account with UA
- The Google product family: How to link to other Google products including AdSense, Search Console and AdWords
- Data filters: Determine the possibilities (and pitfalls) when filtering data
- Reports breakdown: Detailed overview of reports detailing traffic sources, from mobile to visitor demographics, technology to behavior
- Filter data: How to set up hostname- and location-based filters
- Advanced features: Additional reports (recency, frequency, interests and engagement), how to perform competitive benchmarks and make use of User Flow charts to visualize the customer’s journey
- Basics explained: Users, pageviews and sessions explained, plus why unique page views is the best indication of page popularity
- Metrics revealed: Find out what bounce rates and conversions can tell you about your campaigns, plus how channels, campaigns, sources and mediums work
- Reports: Key reports explained, including social, AdWords and referral. Find out which platforms your visitors come from with the Social Users Flow report.
- Campaign reporting: Best-practice guidance to managing campaigns, including step-through with Campaign URL Builder
- Channels reports: Complete overview of this powerful set of reports
- Overview reports: Run-through of reports, including All Pages
- Identify underperforming pages: Analyze pages where visitors arrive and leave your site
- Fix slow loading issues: Locate with site speed reports and find out how to resolve
- PII overview: The risks of tracking Personally Identifiable Information
- Site speed reports: Troubleshoot slow pages and take steps to rectify
- Advanced features: How to handle Personally Identifiable Information with care; monitor events through customized tracking; group related pages to report on them together; master the Site search report
- Fundamental concepts: How to make full use of goals, from viewing and setting them up to tracking and reporting
- Choose your Funnel report: Guidance on selecting either Glow Flow or Funnel Visualization reports
- Improve conversion rates: Optimize your rates through understanding the key options available in Google Analytics
- Advanced features: Track multiple visits leading to a single conversion; view available attribution models; make use of Assisted Conversions to locate under-credited channels
- Custom metrics and dimensions: In-depth advice on using these to customize your own reports
- Custom tracking fundamentals: Learn when to pick virtual page views in preference to events
- Get the information you need: Best-practice guidance on reporting principles
- Choose the right metrics: Build a measurement framework with the best KPIs and data analysis tips
- Share your findings: The best way to share data, including email, Excel or KPI dashboard
- Segmentations: Learn all about segments, including their importance and the ones you should be using
- Understand segments: What they are, why they’re important and which ones you should use
- Custom segments: Create your own or find other people’s, plus learn about sequence segments
- Remarketing: How it works and how to use segments to target specific users
- Craft the perfect report: Best-practice guidance to build your own custom reports with complementary metrics and dimensions
- Generate reports automatically: How to set up automated reporting to your precise demands
- Third-party apps: The best dashboard tools and apps to help make reporting easier
- Where to look for problems: From account misconfiguration to tracking code problems and more
- What to look for: Key symptoms such as spam referrals and bounce rate drops
- Helpful tools: Built-in and third-party tools to help spot and fix problems
- Overview: What a tag manager is and how to manage your Google Analytics tags
- Linking Google Tag Manager to GA: Configure tags and triggers using Google Tag Manager
- Track PDF downloads: Complete step-by-step guide to tracking clicks
- Complete overview: What it is, and how to link it to GA and create, edit and distribute reports
- Get ahead of the curve: Overview of the latest updates as well as likely future changes to Google Analytics
- More resources: Links to apps and further sources of help and support
Request a detailed syllabusRequest syllabus
The course is split over four 2.5 hour sessions – held on Tuesdays and Thursdays – running over two weeks.
We put a lot of attention into our post training support, ensuring you have access to the materials and expert guidance you need to put your learnings into practice:
Upon successful completion of your course you will receive a certificate of attendance. You will also be able to download a badge for use on LinkedIn or Social Media which demonstrates your achievement.
Full access to training materials
Sent straight away to you: Slide decks are shared with all attendees 24-hours after a training session, with full access to training content and course notes.
Just get in touch: Imparture’s specialists are on hand following the course to help with any questions or challenges you might have.
An average course rating of 9 out of 10 from Fortune 500 companies.
9/10 Trainer score
Our expert trainers score 9.2 out of 10 on average in feedback from course attendees.
92% of past attendees would be recommend Imparture.
Nothing beats a traditional classroom environment to fully engage with a topic and learn from an expert course trainer.
Learn from our skilled trainers, with hands-on experience from the front-line.
Andy is a renowned trainer, coach & speaker. He runs a digital media agency, leading a team with unique experience in digital marketing and intelligence. Andy delivers Imparture’s Social Media, Digital Marketing and Google Analytics Training Courses. A lead trainer for Imparture, Andy has proven his ability to provide outstanding Imparture training courses and consistently receives top scores and feedback from our delegates.
Have some questions for us? Take a look at some of those that we are most typically asked, along with our responses. We'd love to hear from you if there is anything else we can help with.
Will I receive any certification after completing the course?
A certificate as proof of your attendance on the course is available on request.
How can I pay?
We accept payment via Credit Card, Debit Card, BACS, Cheque or Invoice.
Will the same trainer be leading each class?
Yes, the same trainer will run each of the classes related to this online course.
When will I receive my log-in details?
You will receive full log-in details and clear step-by-step instructions to join the Online Learning course seven days prior to the first class.
Do I need to share my video during a class?
You will be able to see your trainer via a video stream, together with most other delegates joining you on the class. However, it is completely up to you as to whether you share your own video.
What equipment do I require?
A laptop with browsing capabilities; a webcam and microphone to participate in group exercises.
Tuesdays + Thursdays/ 01:00 IET - 03:30 IET
4 classes in total / 2 weeks of instructor-led learning
Money Back Guarantee
7 day money-back guarantee on all purchases
SSL Encryption ensures your details are safe.
Trusted & Proven
Rated "Excellent" on TrustPilot by our 15,000+ customers.
Get the full course syllabus
Reasons to train with Imparture
Up-to-date course syllabus
Our curriculum is created by a team of industry experts and kept constantly up-to- date in line with developments.
Our training faculty consists of first-rate digital experts, with first-hand experience working at the front-line.
A rich base of experience
Imparture has trained over 15,000 business professionals, from large corporates to small businesses and start-ups.