Delivered in Real-Time
Book on this online digital product management course taking place over four virtual sessions to learn how to navigate the product life cycle, from customer research to managing a roadmap and product launch. Learn about industry tools, techniques and best practices to guide the development of your product and measure its success at each step of the journey.
Take these learning outputs away with you:
- Plan an effective roadmap
Launch viable, market-ready products that anticipate customer needs successfully
- Gain competitor intelligence
Techniques & tools for competitive analysis of a feature or business idea
- Test your product
Identify the most important metrics & KPIs to predict success
How it works
Live, trainer-led class
Join a program of live classes that emulate a classroom experience and overcome the hurdles often experienced with pre-recorded videos, webinars & quizzes.
Interactive group exercises
Each live class will include an opportunity to take part in group exercises with fellow course participants.
Take advantage of personal one-to-one time with the course trainer and establish clear steps to improve your work.
This four-part online course is essential for anyone looking to manage a product’s entire life cycle from initial conception to its final delivery and launch into the marketplace.
Start by learning critical skills to handle the initial conception of a product, from user and market research to determining the product’s viability. Discover how to incorporate user-experience design into the heart of your product and find out how to test your product’s development using cost-effective techniques such as wireframing and paper prototyping.
Incorporate Agile methodologies into the product development plan and develop your roadmap to ensure it stays on track. Also find out how to effectively sell your product with the help of a strong business model and pricing structure.
This course will equip you with all the critical techniques and tools you need to successfully launch products that meet the market’s demands and will delight both users and stakeholders alike.
- Roles and responsibilities: Defining the various roles and responsibilities of a Product Manager
- Product Manager qualities: Identify what makes a good Product Manager and the opportunities with this career path
- Who is your customer: Come toalignment within your organization on who your customer is
- Customer Journey Mapping: Learn how to create, read, and use customer journey maps
- Product vs. market: Learn the differences between being market orientated vs product orientated
- Market Orientation management: Recommendations to make an organization more market driven and responsive
- Agile vs. Waterfall: A look at the differences between Agile and Waterfall approaches
- The process of design: Use how-to design solutions based on the solution of identified problems
- Target customer identification: tools and techniques to clearly establish your target customer
- Customer research matters: why a detailed grasp of customer expectations is vital for success
- Customer research methodologies: best practice techniques for observation and task analysis
- Focus groups & interviews: how to plan and conduct in-depth customer research
- User personas: how to draw from customer research and your customer journey mapping work to develop clear user personas
- Product fit: use customer discovery and validation to see if you have a product fit
- Market fit: establish market viability and potential success rate
- Minimum viable product: clarifying the importance of building an MVP
- MVP development: step-by-step process for reaching an MVP
- MVP evolution: how to develop your MVP to arrive at product & market fit
- Business model canvas: articulate your business plans clearly with a clear & simple framework
- Business model components: understanding the various interlinking components of any business model
- Types of business models: full run through of the different models at your disposal
- Business model innovation: To survive in todays fast digital market, innovation is the key to survival
- Competitor analysis: techniques & tools for competitive analysis of a feature or business idea
- Competitor landscape: how to establish the points of differentiation between current competitor offerings
- Gauging opportunity size: estimation tools for establishing the business opportunity
- Developing your competitive strategy: Full run through of available strategies, plus five key components to developing your product strategy
- User Adoption: Adoption strategies to be successful with your product or service (b to b and b to c)
- What is UX: We will dig into the differences between UX, UI, IA, and IxD
- Value propositions: Craft the perfect value proposition for your business and the value you bring to the market
- UX best practices: resources and references on how to be sure you are at the top of the usability game
- Digital CX: Trends to be on top of for 2019
- The IOT and Voice Services: understand the Iot in the context of 4 major industrial revolutions
- User stories: best practices around creating effective user scenarios, storyboards and user stories
- Agile product development: Build Epics, user stories, and schedule them in your development sprints
- Customer needs: how to create user stories to communicate customer needs with other stakeholders
- Prioritizing product features: how to clearly prioritize different feature options
- Wireframe production: best practices, examples, and tools
- Prototyping: the purpose and value of using prototypes
- Information Architecture: the principles of IA made simple
- Metrics selection: How to identify the most important metrics and KPIs for your product
- Test insights: How to analyze your results and calculate success rates
- Heuristic evaluation: Best-practice applications of heuristic evaluation techniques
- A/B and multivariate testing: Learn more about these key testing methods and develop your own test program
- DIY usability testing: test quickly and inexpensively for key insights
- What could go wrong?: take a look at some of the top challenges with digital projects
- Risk Planning: tools and concepts to plan for risks ahead of time
- Managing Risks in Agile development: Incorporate your risk identification and planning into your agile project execution
- Building your financial model: how to develop a financial model with your customer in mind
- Pricing model options: understanding the different approaches for launching a new product
- Revenue forecasts: how to predict customer demand and likely revenue scenarios
- Developing your product roadmap: significant benefits and tailoring to your audience(s)
- Product roadmap variations: review 5+ variations of product roadmaps based on audience and objectives
- Product roadmap objectives: tools to create your best work and meet the strategic objectives
- Blending Agile and Waterfall: benefits of a blended approach and how to do that
- Digital Project Management: how it has matured as a practice and broken away from traditional or mainstream project management culture
- Why do projects go wrong?: Why projects fail and some colossal product failures as case studies
- How to avoid failure: Checklist to follow to avoid failure
- Presenting your product: structuring your presentation effectively
- Product pitches: practical techniques and processes to follow to pitch to stakeholders most effectively
Request a detailed syllabusRequest syllabus
Take a look at the next dates coming up:
The course is split over four 2.5 hour sessions – held on Tuesdays and Thursdays – running over two weeks.
We put a lot of attention into our post training support, ensuring you have access to the materials and expert guidance you need to put your learnings into practice:
Upon successful completion of your course you will receive a certificate of attendance.
Full access to training materials
Sent straight away to you: Slide decks are shared with all attendees 24-hours after a training session, with full access to training content and course notes.
Just get in touch: Imparture’s specialists are on hand following the course to help with any questions or challenges you might have.
An average course rating of 9 out of 10 from Fortune 500 companies.
9/10 Trainer score
Our expert trainers score 9.2 out of 10 on average in feedback from course attendees.
92% of past attendees would recommend Imparture.
Nothing beats a traditional classroom environment to fully engage with a topic and learn from an expert course trainer.
Learn from our skilled trainers, with hands-on experience from the front-line.
Derm has more than twenty years experience in design, development and user experience roles and runs his own design agency. He enjoys bringing real life experience to training courses.
Have some questions for us? Take a look at some of those that we are most typically asked, along with our responses. We'd love to hear from you if there is anything else we can help with.
Will I receive any certification after completing the course?
A certificate as proof of your attendance on the course is available on request.
How can I pay?
We accept payment via Credit Card, Debit Card, BACS, Cheque or Invoice.
Will the same trainer be leading each class?
Yes, the same trainer will run each of the classes related to this online course.
When will I receive my log-in details?
You will receive full log-in details and clear step-by-step instructions to join the Online Learning course seven days prior to the first class.
Do I need to share my video during a class?
You will be able to see your trainer via a video stream, together with most other delegates joining you on the class. However, it is completely up to you as to whether you share your own video.
What equipment do I require?
A laptop with browsing capabilities; a webcam and microphone to participate in group exercises.
Tuesdays + Thursdays/ 11:00 IET - 13:30 IET
4 classes in total / 2 weeks of instructor-led learning
Buy with Confidence
7 day 'cooling-off' period on all purchases
SSL Encryption ensures your details are safe.
Trusted & Proven
Rated "Excellent" on TrustPilot by our 15,000+ customers.
Get the full course syllabus
Reasons to train with Imparture
Up-to-date course syllabus
Our curriculum is created by a team of industry experts and kept constantly up-to- date in line with developments.
Our training faculty consists of first-rate digital experts, with first-hand experience working at the front-line.
A rich base of experience
Imparture has trained over 15,000 business professionals, from large corporates to small businesses and start-ups.